Monday, September 7, 2009

Outrageous and Wacky! Does it work in Marketing?

Outrageous and Wacky Topics and Images!


Do they draw Eyeballs?

What are some outrageous topics?

  • Some are just wacky or distintive persona or image... e.g. Bozo the clown, Donald Trump, Kennedy (any Kennedy...)
  • Some are sexy, scantily clad, lots of skin, a little cleavage, or for the ladies a buldge, lets face it it always gets a double take (at least it works on me.)
  • Some are scandalous - shocking story e.g. boy kills loving mother...  or how about teacher caught having sexual relations with a student... woman has 98 cats in her home...

I am just new to this stuff and am awating a new book from Bill Glazer of Glazer and Kennedy (Dan Kennedy - no relation to the wacky/distinctive bunch mentioned above) and they talk about Outrageous Marketing.  

I would say from my list above, these types of people and subjects do draw eyeballs and probably more cheaply than the traditional method of advertising... Let face it we get blasted with thousands of ads a day and the odd ones tend to stick with us, maybe because it was funny, maybe it was offensive, maybe it was based around or about someone distinctive and famous... kindof small talk worthy.

I hope to learn to be more outrageous and have Bill Glazer be proud of me some day for being wackily outrageous and making a bunch of money or saving a bunch of money on otherwise expensive marketing. 

I'm not really feeling a big chest tattoo or a nose and nipple ring or anything and I am beyond sexy (too old and gut and man-boobs too large), so showing skin does me little good...  My daughter thinks I should either spike my hair or let it grown long like when I was 12, so my bangs hang over my face... I'm not feeling this either....We will just have to see what I can come up with.

I think in general most of my ideas are realtively wacky enough to be categorized as Outrageous, but I am sure I can learn even more...  I look forward to the Journey and yes you should be scared.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Chris Ormsbee is a license Real Estate Broker in the State of Colorado, but he is also a Real Person and an Internet Marketer.

Check me out as well at:
http://profile.to.ChrisOrmsbee
http://www.YourCOREAdvisor.com/blog
http://www.TheDivorceWorkshop.com
http://ideasthoughtswhatevers.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment