Sunday, September 6, 2009

First Blogger Ideas, Thoughts & Whatevers Blog Post!

Ok just what I need another Blog. Right?




Chris Ormsbee's Blog About Ideas, Thoughts & Whatevers




Quit reading now if you're afraid of rambling long posts... I mean I do strive to improve, but THIS Blog is kindof intended for that purpose.



And probably don't subscribe unless you are also brave, because I will probably be all over the place...



I might try to use this Blog kindof as my todo list and record my quest through being a Realtor and my journey to become a Premier Internet Marketer. So I WILL SELL HERE! If you don't like links and ads... STAY AWAY! YOU ARE NEVER FORCED TO BUY! I understand that if you are weak willed when it comes to strong sales copy you are reading "partially to learn" then don't blame me... I know how you feel I do it all the time.. I have spent over 30K on "courses" in the last two years, searching for a better way.



I need to monetize it and get it implemented, Right or Wrong... Action is required! This Blog will hopefully allow me to gain some action quicker in the "Hot" but "Ultra Competetive Internet Marketing" Trainer market. I don't claim to be a "guru" yet, cause I haven't completed all the programs.



But I WILL BECOME A PREMIERE INTERNET MARKETER! Why would I want to do that you might ask?



Ill tell you why...



So I can travel around the world on a whim and attend all these cool sounding Internet Marketing (IM) Conferences that I haven't been able to go to yet.





I want to be able to Surf with Frank Kern,





Mountain bike with Jeff Walker,





Sit in Shawn Caseys nice library and discuss IM, Play around of Golf (I don't even play yet, but with IM I should have time to learn and if its something I am interested in for whatever reason, then I intend to determine a way to monetize it!)





Hang with Matt Bacak on his property,





Try Hot Sauce with Tellman (who knows maybe even Run with Tellman),





Hang with Tony Robbins and let him program me for a few hours and shoot a video like Kern and John Reese just did.





Hang with Jay Abraham & Spike Humer and brainstorm new affiliate marketing/joint venture deals/barter/discount/licensing/coop deals and record it all to share with you. Spend a day with





John Carlton - the king of copy writing. Shoot a potato gun with Russell Brunson, Go to Jeff Mills Midwest Super Conference.





Tap into Howie Schwartz's mind and his team with all their tools and tweak my niches to overdrive and then present at one of his events... He says he is retiring but I am not sure I believe him.





Meet and visit with Carrie Wilkinson, Perry Belcher, Ewen Chia and all the other thousands of gurus out there I am probably forgetting.



Then I would post all these things up to this blog or maybe a niched IM blog I don't have yet.





So obviously one things I need to do is start doing video, but you wouldn't want to see me right now... I am in Bed and usually don't wear pajamas... I know TMI, but I do want to embrace video... its so raw and efficient for both sides...





Then I want to take this and regurgitate it into a map or review style site... possibly, not sure...





Then with my own product in hand, sell conitinually, evolving, versioned product for millions of dollars to once and for all... solve all my money problems, eliminate my stress about where and when the next paycheck will come from, or how I will make the mortgage payment or the Child support payment etc. How my kids will go to college, how I will ever retire... Where is my next tank of gas going to come from?



I really like the sound of the hanging with the "gurus" and "ninjas" much better... Cruising in the Ferrari! Or showing up in the Limo! Taken the jet across the country... Sounds sweet to me!





This Blog - will likely be all over the place in my various ventures, crossing them all...



My brain dump blog, or scratch paper blog, if you will, that will allow me to then refine and pull snipits of this out and insert into my other "Niched" Blogs and or article material, where I need to think and plan more and treat it more like a business than I will here. Primarily my problem is terseness... brevity and consciseness... I think short quips can be quite effective at conveying a message, but sometimes they just aren't there and I don't have time to concentrate on them. Its easier to edit down I think!



I have two well actually three Blogs already.



YourCOREAdvisor - (Real Estate Advice, some Montrose Colorado Area Interest Stuff)



http://www.YourCOREAdvisor.com/blog



I recently added some Clickbank Hoplink and from the Real Estate Realm Vflyer Widget ads to them (in case I do get traffic... haha)... I know I should be doing a "money magnet" or free or cheap report or ebook to build a list, but that is coming soon. This is a start anyway and if I could even make a few bucks, my first buck on the internet, It would give me so much go juice.



So I am hoping I might actually make some money by dumb luck... That goes for here as well. I will likely post up my links etc. and let you all look at them if you are "following" me along this path, we could learn together and share non-biased info with each other.



So At least I am trying something other than sitting around complaining about how bad it is in the Real Estate Market... Which trust me I do my fair share of or have been lately... Usually though I blame only myself, I should do it faster and more efficiently and effectively and retain my existing clients... and I often seem to not have enough time! None of the blogs help on this front, but it is a way to convey a message one time and then let the customer look at the blog post. But obviously I cannot get too off track or biased there or even theoretically sell too hard there!



The I have "TheDivorceWorkshop" Site and Blog. This is intended to console, counsel and otherwise help people facing or going through a divorce and helping them recover afterward. Eventually I might branch off into new relationships and marriages, etc. and I will probably pimp the "save your marriage" products there too because someone might just be contemplating divorce and looking at that site... If they can work it out great! If they can't work it out, I am actually sorry for them, cause I can feel their pain... I know what it is like to lose almost everything and have your life's rug just pulled out from under you, uprooted in a hellish tornato that spins you around and spits you out at whim. Never knowing where you will land.





I know the fear of the unknown, what will happen, this is especially bad if there are kids, where will they live, how will they take it, what if they want to live with your ex and not see you at all.



I know the fear surrounding any sort of "secret type" or even "falsely perceived" issues (Gambling Addiction, Sexual Perversions, Drinking Problems, Drug Addictions, Illegal Activities) that they would rather the general public didn't know about.






Whatever it might be, everyone has some type of skeleton in there closet and sometimes your spouse knows that skeleton and will bring it back from the dead and use it against you.



That can cause fear... One of the worst fears of all Fear of Embarassment.

Your emotions twist from fear to hatred to carless disregard (maybe in 5-10 minutes time) then the cycle just repeats. It is VERY HARD to have any HAPPY thoughts or maintain positive vibes and energy during an ordeal like a divorce... Some do it, the Zen Masters, Positive Thinking Gurus maybe, but not me! And probably not you! That your ex is likely to leak! TO THE WHOLE TOWN!



I kindof broke off into a Divorce Workshop Post... oops, but thats how my brain works... Jumping all over the place. I have to keep it reined in!



I digress! A lot!



So The Divorce Workshop Blog - will hopefully be just that and the interaction will hopefully be the material I need to put together a better product than my existing book, that I have... That I need to edit... I am likely going to use a pen name as well to protect the guilty haha!



http://thedivorceworkshop.com/






I also setup SofiaLovesSoccer.com for my Daughter Sofia but I plan to help her as well.



http://www.sofialovessoccer.com/


Click Here for Soccer Gear from SoccerGarage.com







Sofia also loves Horses! But she thought she could monetize Soccer better.









I am thinking if we can hook her up with a bunch of affiliates for sports equipment etc. and she can get a following and start building a list it might buy her a car and get her through college!


The Gurus - All will tell you pick one thing! Work on that ONE THING!... I cannot pick just one thing right now. And I hope I don't screw it all up, but I need to use a bit of a shot gun approach and just work harder to make a sale, then make 10 sale, then 100, then 1000, then 10,000, etc. Till it becomes semi-automatic and allows me to have a life... A good life hanging out and even speaking at Internet Marketing Seminars!


So why in the world do I need another blog. Well three of mine are self adminstered/hosted versions of wordpress on my own domain and I here that with the ease of use and implementation and upgrades of versions that this "Blogger" is in many ways the place to be, because it gets so much traffic and is so fresh and so Big that google gives it lots of juice, more juice than you can get naturally from a wordpress installation...



Essentially Facebook, puported to be the "Most Popular Social Media Software" in the world at the moment.... is an easy terse blog of sorts with the ability to interweave the posts and comments of your "Friends" and Twitter an ever more terse 140 Characters original limit on Text Messages, same kindof thing based on a Followed and a Follower approach... So theoretically you can Follow someone without their consent, see what they are blogging (tweeting) about their life... This can autofeed through to FB, which needs to be somewhat monitored or too many people will shut you off.


So Blogger has a Place in SEO it would seem. And I wanted to "test" it out to see just how easy it is...



Soooo.... Basically I need another Blog (Ideas, Thoughts & Whatevers) so I can rant informally and not worry one bit about what anyone thinks... (yeah sure! haha) but it will be better. Than trying to not piss off too many people on my Real Estate Blog at

http://www.YourCOREAdvisor.com/blog

or on my Divorce Workshop Blog at:

http://www.TheDivorceWorkshop.com/

and I definitely cannot just go a ranting on at

http://www.sofialovessoccer.com/

Click Here for Soccer Gear from SoccerGarage.com


You see I am currently a Realtor and formerly a lot of things... Currently frustrated!

A quick bit about the past:

My first job was being a fry cook at Sonic (the "old school" ones),

Second job was landscaping - Hard work, but quickly rewarding... You could see the fruits of your labor when you were done, which isn't always the case.

Third job was Wendy's (for a week - I argued with the manager over how long to cook the fries - I thought they were too raw and slimy, needed to be a bit more golden brown. Oh well that job sucked anyway!).

Fourth job was working at Career Services at CSU (Colorado State University) from 1982 - 1986

Fifth job (During this same period... ) I moonlighted as a consultant writing software in Fortran of all things and Rbase for a few small companies, the "Alumni Job Bank" and an IBM Symposium Scheduling and Speaker Feed Back Analysis program.

Sixth job or "first REAL Job" was as an Associate Software Engineer at Auto-trol Technology. One of the first assignments I had was to create a menu builder program that would allow other programmers to use my tool to design their menus for our graphics systems that were architectural, civil, publishing, and facilities and process plant design... Auto-trol lost ground over the seven years I worked there, due to the relative affordability of Auto-cad back then... Auto-cad was flooding the market with cheep graphics software and our stuff was like 20-50K a seat (phased hardware out right about when I started in 1986 I beleive)... Anyway, then I spent some time on the plan application and then started working on FLI - Facilities Layout - where large corporations, schools, govt facilities, etc. could design the layout of all their furniture, equipment, etc and keep track of where everything was... This family of applications was built upon Empress and Oracle Relational Databases with an API to the Graphics system to allow the users to checkout assemblies of items and or parts of the facility without the traditional graphics "sheet" problem. In addition the objects in the plant could be smart and tied into the existing corporate systems by their programers (mostly through the use of a macro language) called QAs or Quick Actions... The joke was they were sometimes Slow Actions, because of their interpretted rather than compiled nature and a kernel of code that was built up from an older syntax, when they rewrote this code it was much faster, then they developed "Parametrics" which was a pre compiled interpreted code. So it could be done in the field or even on the fly (compiling) in order to execute quicker, so if you defined a repetetive or recursive function on the fly you could compile it an then run it quicker than if you wrote a macro (Quick Action) and had it interpretted. Still it was a pretty flexible system... Possibly too flexible and as with all large software systems it seems, as you go through time, building up and in features, you occassionally have to scrap large parts or whole systems and start over to more have it run efficiently. Well thats enough about programming for now, many other projects, languages, etc. and some on the side, but really even then I was pulled to real estate and a better way of making money... I always have been through all my jobs.

Well to keep this not too long, like anyone will read it or care! I left my cushy high paying job writing software in Denver/Thorton/Broomfield Job and home and move back to Montrose and ran my parents trash company with my brother and built a House... The idea was always to purchase the business, but there was a proving time you know, prove I could do it... I was a sweet little business, not witout problems, like any and you were definitely stuck there had to be there or have someone cover your responsibilities and sometimes you had to go haul trash if someone didn't show up, but overall it was fun and quite profitable.

Sold that, made a lot of money, bought an old warehouse and remodeled that into office and commercial rental suites in the front and left the back as a warehouse rented to a gymnastics facility "Snow Shadow Gymnastics" and Bruce Kirk the owner I should say "Coach" or "Coach Kirk" . He had olympic medals and had trained several people in the olympics... He is a very formal teacher, but was always struggling for rent... I was and still am too slack and empathetic most the time.

Anyway, all construction done on the building, I acted as the General Contractor/Manager for the project and did the design and had it cleaned up with my Architect friend Tom Chamberlain. I like designing buildings, but really don't know all that much about what I am doing other than common sense. I wish I had enough cash to just freely brainstorm with an Architect or a group of Architects on a large project. Anyway I digress, which I often do, and rant. But this is a No Apologies Blog! haha So tough it out.

Then I traded stocks, not really day trading, although I did a bit of that.. I was more speculative short term trading, where I would pick companies that seemed logically to be likely to increase, mostly technology companies... I tried a few "rolling stocks" etc. But then I got killed in Tech Stocks in 2000 or 2001 cant remember cause I want to block it out... Think it was 2000 though, because I think I sold the Trash Co in 1997 and stayed on with Waste Management as their General Manager for two years before quiting to purchase, gut and remodel this building.

Then my "wife" called me a compulsive gambler and a loser cause I lost money... That pretty much sucked and I didn't like it. However it was just another "nail in the coffin" so to speak.

So I go to work for my Cousin in Law - Mark Young and Youngs Manufacturing Inc. I learn to weld, punch, cut, sheer, cope, grind, etc. steel... Hadn't ever worked with steel before... Then I learn how to climb towers and hang 200 ft up in the air with just a lanyard holding me up! Its amazing what we can get used to if we ease into it... The first few times, to just climb kinda fun, then you climb loaded to work, bolts, wrenches, usually at least another 30-50 Lb. Then you try to really work and not slip and fall and it can get a little freaky at times... And I had several "Oh Shit" moments where there had been a twist in my lanyard and I was leaning back against it cranking on a bolt and all of a sudden I slipped back 8 inches and thought I was going down... It really makes you stop and think... Wow! It really could all end that fast!

Thankfully it didn't... Still I grew very tired of climbing Icy Towers in the middle of the Winter in Colorado, Usually at 10-14K Elevation as well, so a bit chillier, we often had to snowmobile or four wheel in to the sites, sometimes even hike... The trip to Devils Thumb SW of Denver about Killed Tim Thorp and I. Mark Had flow over it in his helicopter and looked at it and said it was a short walk... We were packing a gas can, 6' Rock Drill Bit, 80 Lb Gas Rock Drill, Anchor Bolts, Epoxy, etc.. and Little to No food/water or clothing, cause it was supposed to be short, it was all uphill and the last part stairs, cant remember how long but like took us 2 Hrs up and we didn't finish till almost Dark, gettin cold, so we "Hid" the rock drill under the Deck and Told Mark he would have to "Fly" up there to get it. This enabled us to come down much faster and quicker and truly safer as well.

There were many nice days and many scary and frustrating days! But still it was a cool experience to have had and I got to drive and stand on mountain tops all over Colorado that I probably never would of otherwise seen.

I am basically a work aholic.... In general I don't Play enough, although its not much fun to play when you are broke.

I am trying to keep this focused on jobs as much as possible at the moment (just cause)

So the "wife" files for Divorce and tells me it will be friendly and we don't need attorneys... I think it was probably a setup from the get go, but who knows... I did what my advisors suggested and tried to negotiate it out from the very begining because I believe that is the best way.

Anyway, Three Lawyers and Two Years Later, I was divorced... During that time, Mark had to lay off someone from Youngs Manufacturing and it was me or Tom and I was more expensive and Tom needed and wanted the Job more than I so Mark layed me off and I drew 1-3 months of unemployment for the first time in my life. They paid for me to go to Real Estate School in Denver... They did question and advise me it wasn't easy and I knew it wouldn't be... But hey, my Mom was a Realtor, My Grandma was a Realtor. I always loved Real Estate and it is theoretically and usually something you can make a decent living doing...

Then the Market tanks in Real Estate (So now that probably makes me according to my ex wife a compulsive loser or bad job picker or something...)

Regarding all my Bad Luck ( I have heard all kinds of superstiscous mumbo jumbo and I do believe loosely in the "Karma" aspect, but honestly I think I am a pretty decent guy, but still all this bad luck... Well I am here to tell you it does and can happen to anyone) But how much does attitude and our internal vibes have to do Such is life or as some would say bad luck.. The positive say our greatest opportunities come disguised as problems... I think the root of that belief is based on two things... First that we can grow by sharing our problems and our solutions to problems with others. And Second that by teaching and sharing we instinctively refine and improve both our methods and our understanding because of repetition and the questions asked by the students, causing us to think about it in a different way, in search of the "correct" answer(s)...

So today I was playing with Clickbank making hopads and links etc. Here are a few check them out if you like... I gotta get some sleep so will otherwise stop this post for now.

Help me out, show some support, help me make my first sale... I hate to beg for it, but I am sure there is someone out there with a little room left on their credit card. Its just not on mine so the straight links are things I would buy to check out if I had the money... If you buy this stuff through my link I will make a comission, and then I could buy the products to make a better decision about how and if I wanted to sell it. Then I would make a squeeze page for what sells and pump it here and everywhere I could, etc. So you buying just one little thing might be the first little stone to help me on my way to being a Premier Internet Marketer.









Click Here! Yeah, click right back there and buy this thing... It looks really fun... I want to get it form my IM soundtrack type beats maybe and/or to just play with and let my kids play with it.



Or if you don't like that how about one of these:

http://926957qdqcmmcr64ecn1491k5e.hop.clickbank.net/

http://budurl.com/CookLikeAPro

http://budurl.com/ForexMBot

http://ff91fbwdd5ongq7g9gs0iaoy2u.hop.clickbank.net/


No comments:

Post a Comment